To our Hebron Parents and Family,
I apologize in advance for all this uncertainty at this time. As coaches we are working hard behind the scenes to keep ourselves and your kids safe, yet still have a 2020 volleyball season. There are many opinions on this Virus situation. The district is in a tough position making hard decisions. I will tell you that I am proud to work for a district that understands the importance of safety, yet values the importance of extracurricular activities. It has been wonderful to be back in the gym this summer with the kids! Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.
This is what we DO know at this time. But, we know this seems to change minute by minute. We appreciate your patience at these uncertain times. So here goes:
WHAT WE KNOW:
- School will start August 19th and no matter what option you choose for your child, all learning will be virtual until Sept. 8th.
- At this moment, we are allowed to continue our workouts since we have been working with them all summer. Please understand that with our teacher in-service meetings, practice times will need to vary. We will TRY to keep is as consistent as possible to help you with YOUR schedules.
- First day of “Try Outs” will be Sept 7th. Scrimmages on the 11th and 12th. And games starting on the 14th.
- The volleyball schedule you have is no longer current. A new schedule will be sent out as soon as the DEC meets and approves the new schedule. District 6-6A has opted to play two games (Tuesday & Friday) a week with Saturdays free for practice or make up games. There will NOT be any tournaments. Pre-season games will be limited. District games start Sept. 29th.
- Physicals and ALL online paperwork are due by August 19th. NOT everyone needs to obtain a physical this year. See the attachment for details.
- Rank ONE (rankonesport.com) is an online tool that we use in LISD to organize paperwork, team schedules, directions to away games etc. We will also update our website (hebronhawksvolleyball.com) and email blast to parents/athletes to help with communication.
- We will be having a virtual parent meeting in late August /early September. Details will be coming soon.
- We will also have an In-person or Virtual score keeping meeting. This is extremely important since we need to have workers for EVERY home game.
- Booster club membership and opportunities for involvement will also be communicated soon.
- Fans will be allowed at games with masks and social distancing. Athletes will have to wear masks on the bench, but NOT in the game.
Next week (8/3-8/7) schedule is as follows:
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday will be skills and conditioning from 7:00am-9:30am. Wednesday we will be off due to Inservice responsibilities for all LISD/Hebron staff. We hope to have a new practice schedule out soon that includes August 10th-18th.
Session 1 athletes will be attending TAV camp/leagues on Monday and Tuesday from 10am-noon. They will not have skills and conditioning on those days. We hope to open up the option for TAV camp/leagues for all teams very soon. Right now, we are limited to how many teams we can have.
Remember to wear a mask in and out of the building, as well as having your own water bottle.